Friday, July 5, 2013

Artificially Adding Commitment?

So I am tempted to do what I did to motivate myself to stick with Italian (in many ways my favorite language in the world). I'm tempted to commit to passing an official Norwegian language test. I know this is way too much commitment than I should be making on day 4 of language learning, and knowing this exercise may end after 2 weeks, but something in me wants the threat of failing to motivate me to step up my game.

I will fight this impulse. Especially that today I only managed to sneak in about 30 minutes of chapter 2 of Norwegian on the Web. The night is still young so this may change but for now I will try to talk myself out of paying money for a certification that I will never need. Not to mention, it would be hard to find a place that administers such tests in Toronto.

Have I mentioned that most Norwegians speak English, so even if I somehow manage to travel there, I will not really need to use the language?