Tuesday, July 2, 2013

This instead of books

The fact that I'm not buying any traditional language learning materials limits me a bit in the titles at my disposal. Alas, we will make it work. This is what I intend to use:

  • Pimsleur Norwegian I (Comprehensive), provided by the bestest of friends, who also happens to be a seriously linguistically talented individual - I used Pimsleur before for French and Italian and however boring the audio tracks, the method does work, which I'm admitting reluctantly
  • Norwegian on the Web - a fantastic online language course prepared by Norwegian University of Science and Technology in Trondheim. The course takes the learner through levels A1 and A2 in 10 lessons. 
  • Norwegian Class 101, with its nice and short podcasts for various levels of language knowledge
  • Norwegian - the tutorial, with some light grammar content - nothing too scary
Normally the list would be getting much longer but since this is a 2-week project, I will try not to overdo it this time.